Performance testing is a set of types of testing, the purpose of which is to determine the health, stability, resource consumption and other attributes of the quality of the application under various usage scenarios and loads. With the best of Web testing options, you can have the best choices now.
The main goals of performance testing:
- Checking the application’s response time to various types of requests to ensure that the application is operating as required for normal user load.
- Testing the health of the application under loads that exceed the user several times.
- Learn how the application works for continuous operation under normal load.
- Check work in the conditions of the “expanded” database, under normal time.
- Determine the number of users who can simultaneously work with the application.
Some performance checks for your mobile application:
- Determine if the application works the same under different network conditions.
- Find various bottlenecks in applications and infrastructure that slow application performance.
- Evaluate your application’s ability to handle planned workloads.
- Verify that the application response time is adequate.
- Check the stability of the application in the face of a severe user load.
- Ensure the availability of the application if it works in conditions of unstable Internet connection.
- Verify that the existing client-server configuration provides optimal performance.
Some useful tools for testing the performance of mobile applications: NeoLoad from Neotys, Apteligent formerly Crittercism, The New Relic.
Security testing is aimed at checking the security of the system, as well as at analyzing the risks associated with providing a holistic approach to protecting applications, hackers, viruses, unauthorized access to confidential data.
Some of the checks that you must pass to check the security of mobile applications:
Provide user data application logins, passwords, bank card numbers are protected from network attacks of automated systems and cannot be found by selection. Make sure that the security system of the application requires a strong password and does not allow an attacker to capture the passwords of other users. Ensure that the application does not provide access to sensitive content or features without proper authentication.
- Protect your application against SQL injection attacks.
- Protect your application and network from DoS attacks.
- Protect your application from malicious attacks on clients.
- Protect your system from malicious implementations while the program is running.
- Provide session management to protect information from unauthorized users.
- Preventing the possible harmful effects of file caching.
- Examine user files and prevent their possible harmful effects.
- Analyze the interaction of system files, identify and fix vulnerabilities.
- Prevent possible malicious cookie actions.
Some useful tools for checking the security of mobile applications are Retina CS Community, OWASP Zed Attack Proxy, Veracode, Google Nogotofail, and SQL Map.
The recovery test verifies the application under test in terms of its ability to withstand and recover successfully from possible failures caused by software errors, hardware failures, or communication problems. Here is a list of checks for testing recovery:
- Check for effective application recovery after unforeseen emergency scenarios.
- Provide a process for recovering data after disconnecting.
- Check recovery after a system failure and transaction failure.
- Check the ability of the application to process transactions in the event of a power failure low battery, improper shutdown of the application, etc.
Localization of testing
Localization testing allows you to test the adaptation of a mobile application to a specific target audience in accordance with its cultural characteristics.